Friday, February 19, 2010

Final post from my Thailand stay, looking back on final few days in Chiang Mai - contrasts and surprises to the very end: Mae Ya waterfall in the National Park, on a day trip with Stephen's son Gavin and his delightful partner Joy, visiting from Taiwan... Night Market, cramming the streets with local craft... more temples, more fabulous food... and a late visit to the notorious Glass Onion bar. Massive appreciative to Stephen and Mam for their generous hospitality: mega-thanks to everyone for everything...

So I've had my last meal in Thailand for this year - sticky rice with mango, here at the airport - and will soon be boarding for the long flight home.
Setting aside the weather thing (viz: 30 degree drop in temperature), I'll enjoy seeing friends & family again, and catching up with the culture of my own little corner of the planet....
Until my next trip, anyway.

1 comment:

joanne fox said...

Sounds as if you had a truly amazing trip. Safe journey home. x