Monday, June 18, 2007

Festivals, festivals...
Glastonbury is nearly with us and the southwest feels aswirl with festival fever. I'm back from an exhilarating day with the Leam writers who - as Michael Spurgeon, who choreographed my visit, pointed out - between them produced over 50 characters and stories, and with time for lunch in Jill's lovely garden too. Pat, Caroline, and Margaret are the prime movers of next weekend's Writers' Festival in Stratford on Avon.
Here we're hotting up for the Frome Festival and Mike Witt is spending every spare moment, and many unspare ones too, recording Frome writers for Frome FM radio which is running a series of programmes on the writers of the town. As well as my usual mic-fright I managed to bounce it on the floor this evening during my session. Mike quietly remade all the connections and reset all the levels with his usual impeccable good manners and charm. He might have murmured a few unrecorded words after I left, though.

No comments: