Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September already... It's been a busy summer, and I've been aware that most of what I'm doing never makes it to my website. Maybe it seems like short notice, or local appeal, or I'm not sure where best to post my pictures or commentaries. And then I miss a chance to tell other writer how inspirational the Durham Writers Conference was, or urge people to buy Greece magazine (which published my piece after the June writing course in Crete) or to brag about the beautiful bay of Skyros where I led a course in August.

So I thought a blog would be a great way of celebrating the wonderful variety of things I'm lucky enough to be doing.
I thought I'd give myself a few guidelines, based on Jack Kerouak's 'list of essentials':

Something that will find its own form
Write in recollection and amazement for yourself
No fear or shame in the dignity of yr experience, language & knowledge
Write for the world to read and see yr exact pictures of it

Well, Kerouac had a few more, but that's a start.

No comments: